You’ve decided to get your cordless drill! Perhaps this article helped. So which one do you get?
Lets find out what you need to do first. Which following point characterizes you the best?
- I’ve never used a drill.
- I hang the occasional picture frame and assemble Ikea furniture.
- Handy with my hands and will do an occasional DIY project every other month.
- Weekend DIY warrior. Loves to build decks and redo kitchens.
Before we get into what drill is best for you, let consider some of the drill types and what they are used for.
- Power drill. This ranges from the entry to high end level drill. It simply turns a screw. Some have an optional torque adjustment which varies the amount of force the drill exerts.
- Impact driver. This drill excels at setting loose screws and driving lag bolts. Ultra compact, they often have a fixed chuck size.
- Hammer drill. They pound as they rotate, making them excellent for drilling through masonry or other tough materials.
Disclaimer: There are affiliate links to the products, and I do make a small commission when they are purchased. This is to help support my site and small business. Thank you for your support.